Margaret Wehrenberg • Saturday All Day
LOCATION: BLUE ROOM
Anxiety and depression are the most common of presenting symptoms and present a special challenge when they co-occur in the same client, which they often do. Caught in a mix of anxiety and depression, different clients require different approaches, and this workshop identifies seven types of anxious/depressed clients and ways to approach each, including how to:
- Motivate the Low-Energy client
- Redirect the mental energy of the Hopeless Ruminator client
- Calm the Panicky Depressive client
- Introduce choice with the Worried Exhausted client
- Break the routines of the Quiet Avoider client
- Teach balance to the High-Energy Depressed client
- Challenge the beliefs of the Highly Anxious client
Continued with workshop 514.
Margaret Wehrenberg, PsyD, is the director of curriculum development for the Candeo Behavior Change online program on Anxiety and Depression Management. She’s the author of The 10 Best-Ever Depression Management Techniques and The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques. Her new book is Anxiety + Depression: Effectively Treating the Big Two Co-Occurring Disorders.