Our volunteers are integral to making the Symposium a wonderful experience for every participant. They help to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible, while enjoying all of the opportunities for learning, enrichment, networking, and fun that the Symposium offers.
Symposium volunteers are required to:
1. Attend a 2 hour orientation before the symposium
The choices for the 2016 Symposium include:
Friday, March 11th at 7 P.M (until 9 P.M.) or Saturday, March 12th at 10 A.M. (until 12 noon)
Or, if you’ve volunteered 3 years previously, you may attend an abbreviated veteran volunteer orientation, either: Wednesday, March 16th at 6 P.M. or Thursday, March 17th at 5 P.M.
2. Pay a $75 registration processing fee
Those registering as a volunteer must also submit a $50 deposit that will only be charged if you fail to fulfill your obligations as a volunteer.
3. Volunteer at the Symposium on both Friday, March 18th, and Saturday, March 19th, and must be available to work from 7am to 7pm each day.
As well as any other days that you’ve requested during your registration process (Thursday and/or Sunday).
4. All volunteers must attend early morning check-in everyday (7:30am in the Palladian Ballroom) ,
Each day you are registered to volunteer. You will pick up your daily symposium badge and your daily volunteer work assignments during this check-in.
CLICK HERE to register as a volunteer.
- 2016 Symposium Volunteer Guide
- Understanding Your Badge
- Omni Map – showing different levels
- Omni Map – with tents
Questions about volunteering?
We’ll process your application by mid-February. Applicants who are accepted will receive a confirmation letter. You’ll have access to the online Volunteer Training Guide before your orientation meeting and receive your “DRAFT” job assignments at the volunteer orientation meeting you attend.